quinta-feira, 9 de julho de 2015

Kotaro Fukuma, shares a story about the Chopin collaboration with Yuzuru.

The pianist for the Kobe FaOI, Kotaro Fukuma, shares a story about the Chopin collaboration with Yuzu.

Kotaro had wonderful and special experiences at the ice show in Japan! Read his incredible story below, if you have time.
福間がファンタジー・オン・アイス(金沢&神戸)に出演し、偶然の重なりから素晴らしい体験をしました。日本語訳は下方にあります。
-----------------------------------------
Fantasy on Ice 2015 is over, full of wonderful memories... and I would like to share my very  special experience here. On Saturday afternoon's show, we had a problem with the ice rink (they found a couple of  holes on the ice), right before my first number with Akiko Suzuki and they had to repair the rink. As it didn't seem to be finished soon, Akiko and I drew backstage. 
Then I told the stage manager that I could maybe play something solo. And they accepted it. So I went on the stage and played "Chopin's Ballade No.1". I chose this piece because Yuzuru Hanyu, the Gold medalist of Sochi Olympic games, skated to it in the last season. 
As I announced the piece, the whole audience got excited. The staff told me that the repairing work would take more than 5 minutes, but in fact they finished it in 4 minutes, so I thought I should cut the piece... It was an unusual experience to think about how I could shorten the piece while I was playing!! Anyway, I managed to make it like within 6 minutes in total. 
And they gave me a standing ovation as soon as I played the last note. I heard afterwards that Yuzuru was watching my performance and dancing to it at the rinkside. It was already a huge honor for me.
But the story went on, even more exciting. At the dinner on that day, Yuzuru came to me and said, "Could you play the Ballade no.1 once again at the end of the tomorrow's show (the last show) and collaborate with me?" You can't imagine how I was overjoyed and enthusiastic about his request!
However, it seemed a huge challenge because the music he used was already edited at several spots and it was in different tempi from mine. (You can find it on youtube by searching for "Yuzuru Hanyu Ballade") So, in order to study his interpretation I spent about an hour watching his skating on youtube (it's actually from a recording of Zimmerman).
The next day, I had only 20 minutes for my rehearsal and Yuzuru and I rehearsed about 10 minutes. Then we did the show... It was an unforgettable moment and a very unusual situation to play and collaborate at the end of the finale with all the skaters and all the other artists (Tomotaka Okamoto, Sarah Alainn, Edvin Marton) watching our collaboration at the rinkside! 
I still can't believe this happened in such a way... I would like to thank Yuzuru and all the people involved, including the audience. I am really impressed by Yuzuru, who had very hard programs at each show, yet taking care of so many things, motivating his fellow skaters, treating the artists with courtesy and doing his best to arouse the audience to enthusiasm. And believe it or not, he is still 20 years old!
 Kotaro teve experiências maravilhosas e especiais no show de gelo no Japão! Leia sua história incrível abaixo, se você tiver tempo. 
福間がファンタジー・オン・アイス(金沢&神戸)に出演し、偶然の重なりから素晴 らしい体験をしました。日本語訳は下方にあります。
 ----------------------------------------- 
Fantasia on Ice 2015 é longo, cheio de memórias maravilhosas ... e eu gostaria de compartilhar minha experiência muito especial aqui. 
No show de sábado à tarde, tivemos um problema com a pista de gelo (eles encontraram  buracos no gelo), à direita antes do meu primeiro número com Akiko Suzuki e eles tiveram que reparar a pista. 
Como  parecia que o trabalho não seria  concluído em breve, Akiko e eu esperamos nos bastidores. Então eu disse ao gerente de palco que eu poderia talvez tocar um solo. E eles aceitaram. Então eu fui no palco e toquei "Ballade No.1 de Chopin".
Eu escolhi esta peça porque Yuzuru Hanyu, o medalhista de ouro dos Jogos Olímpicos de Sochi, patinou esse peça na última temporada. Quando  eu anunciei a peça, toda a platéia  ficou animada. 
A equipe me disse que o trabalho de reparação levaria mais de 5 minutos, mas na verdade eles terminaram em 4 minutos, então eu pensei que eu deveria cortar o pedaço ... 
Foi uma experiência incomum pensar em como encurtar a música enquanto a executava.!! De qualquer forma, eu consegui fazer isso em 6 minutos no total. 
E eles me deram uma ovação de pé assim que toquei a última nota. Ouvi depois que
Yuzuru estava assistindo meu desempenho e dançou no rinkside. 
Já era uma grande honra para mim. Mas a história continuou, ainda mais emocionante. No jantar daquele dia, Yuzuru veio até mim e disse: "Você poderia tocar o no.1 Ballade mais uma vez no final do show de amanhã (o último show) e me acompanhar?" 
Você não pode imaginar como eu estava muito feliz e entusiasmado com o seu pedido! No entanto, parecia um enorme desafio, porque a música que ele usou já foi editado em vários pontos e foi em tempi diferente da minha. (Você pode encontrá-lo no youtube procurando por "Yuzuru Hanyu Ballade") 
Assim, a fim de estudar a sua interpretação passei cerca de uma hora de ver seu patinação no youtube (é, na verdade, de uma gravação de Zimmerman). No dia seguinte, eu tinha apenas 20 minutos para o meu ensaio e Yuzuru e eu ensaiamos cerca de 10 minutos. 
Então nós fizemos o show ... Foi um momento inesquecível e uma situação muito incomum tocar colaborar no final da final com todos os skaters e todos os outros artistas (Tomotaka Okamoto, Sarah Alainn, Edvin Marton) assistindo a nossa colaboração no rinkside! Eu ainda não posso acreditar que isso aconteceu de forma ... 
Eu gostaria de agradecer Yuzuru e todas as pessoas envolvidas, incluindo o público. Estou realmente impressionado com Yuzuru, que tinha programas muito rígidos em cada show, ainda cuidar de tantas coisas, motivar seus companheiros skatistas, tratando os artistas com cortesia e fazendo o seu melhor para despertar o público para entusiasmo. E, acredite ou não, ele ainda tem 20 anos!  

Kotaro Fukuma

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário


This blog is a summary of some facts of life and skater Yuzuru Hanyu career. The idea came from not find almost anything here in Brazil about Yuzuru and / or skating , but when searching the world discovered so things became difficult absorb and organize all ; hence this blog was born .