quarta-feira, 6 de janeiro de 2016

Yuzuru’s interview by Shuzo Matsuoka after GPF 2015

 
Y:  I think this time this was the highest wall (challenge).   But this wall doesn’t come about if it doesn’t occur in succession.  The good score and good performance of the previous competition is a wall for the next competition.   If you can’t overcome this wall, you have to do another good performance at another competition.   If you think about how many more competitions there are to Pyeongchang Olympics, there isn’t much time.

S:  You grasped it so calmly by yourself, this world that’s in a different dimension??
Y:  To me, it’s not a different dimension.  Not a different dimension at all.
S:  So it’s reality?
Y:  Yes, reality.   It’s reality to me.

[Scene of Yuzu crying in kiss n cry after scores were announced.  What were his thoughts then?]


Y:  I didn’t know why I was crying at first.  Brian was saying, “That was good.” Before I saw the final marks, I was already crying, I don’t know why.   I went waaa……  Then I saw Pooh-san, waaa….. I cried again. (laughs)

S:  Pooh-san was involved???

Y:  He is my war buddy who has fought (along with me) all this time……  Maybe my real self came out…..  When I thought about it very calmly, Brian was saying “Really good” and I was saying, “Why am I crying?”  He said, “You did really well.”   I thought through everything and in the end, I realised, I was scared.  I was very scared inside.  But I think, right to the end, I did not know that I was scared. 

S:  Fear is a mysterious word.  For example, the fear of “I have to win” at the Olympics, I can somewhat understand that.  But the fear of “the highest record in world history”, no one really knows that….

Y:  For example, Michelle Kwan, Miss Perfect, she won World Championships, but not the Olympics.  I think it was because of the pressure of the title of “Miss Perfect”.  And I think I had a taste of that pressure.  Plus before me, Javier, Patrick and Uno, performed really well and I could hear it.  I could hear everything and I could see the scores.  290, ah so he got higher than 200.   So I think maybe I had the thought that it’s scary.

[scenes of others’ FP]


151214 YUZURU×修造 対談@GPF por YzRIKO

Y:  When I first entered the rink, I did 2 jumps.  I first did a triple loop, made a mistake and I thought, “That’s terrible.”  Then the crowd started going “Javi, Javi….”, the Javi-cheer came.
“Dammit!” I thought, “Just wait and see!”   I dashed round and jumped a triple axel, BANG!!!  IT’S ME!!!!  IT’S ME THAT’S SKATING NOW!!!!

S:  So it turned into power!

[Scenes of ‘Javi cheer’ and Yuzu’s FP]

Narrator:  His score of 330.43 is just 9 marks short of the full marks of 339.44 for this programme.

S:  Have you ever thought about full marks?

Y:  Oda-san has talked about that.  It’s the 1st time to be compared with the full marks!  [laughs]

S:  You have not calculated it yourself?

Y:  I have not even thought about it!

S:  To me, your performance was full marks (perfect).  How about yourself?

Y:  I couldn’t get the (highest level for) steps!!!  [laughter]

END

translated by Angelic Yuzuru
video by YzRIKO 




0 comentários:

Postar um comentário


This blog is a summary of some facts of life and skater Yuzuru Hanyu career. The idea came from not find almost anything here in Brazil about Yuzuru and / or skating , but when searching the world discovered so things became difficult absorb and organize all ; hence this blog was born .