quinta-feira, 7 de janeiro de 2016

YUZU DAYS - Interview on P&G (Jan 2016)


Yuzu Days (Jan2016): Washing the dishes is my feeling of gratitude
In Canada, besides going to and fro between home and rink, I hardly go out. Every day, I go for practice with my mother and when it is over, we go to the supermarket to buy groceries and then we return home…. our days are like that. Toronto is a city with many Asians, so it is easy to get the ingredients and seasoning for Japanese food, and mother is able to make Japanese food well. Of course, she cannot do it exactly the same as in Japan, but she works with the ingredients that she can get and reproduces the taste of the Hanyu home.  In an environment that I am not used to, I am grateful that I can have food with the taste of home and I feel relief.
 

In Sendai, clearing up after meals was shared by all 4 of us.  In Canada, it’s just mother and me living together.  From cooking to doing the laundry and cleaning, most of the housework is done by mother.  So, at the very least, I thought I should wash the dishes;  everyday I am responsible for clearing up after meals.  From long ago, I held a bottle of ‘Joy’ and helped with washing the dishes while watching and learning from my sister who loves cleanliness.  Even now, I think the person who is very good at washing dishes is me.


There are words like “itadakimasu” and “gochisousama”, right? (t/n. standard polite words to say before and after a meal)  I feel that washing the dishes is like that, an action that represents the feeling of thankfulness to the person who made the meal.  Even though I am thinking, “Thank you again for today,” it’s hard to say the words face-to-face.  So washing the dishes is a form of gratitude to my mother.  I want to continue doing that.



Translated by Angelic Yuzuru;  original article: myrepi.com (P&G)

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário


This blog is a summary of some facts of life and skater Yuzuru Hanyu career. The idea came from not find almost anything here in Brazil about Yuzuru and / or skating , but when searching the world discovered so things became difficult absorb and organize all ; hence this blog was born .