quinta-feira, 9 de fevereiro de 2017

YUZU DAYS, 6 Feb 2017.

–The reason for evolution, “the strength to aim for”–

Last season, Hanyu scored above 300 points in consecutive wins at NHK Trophy and GPF, and his GPF score was registered in the Guinness World Records. This season, he makes further evolution with the 1st successful quad loop in history and challenging 4 types of quads [t/n. should be 4 quads and 3 types] in his free programme. With a 4th straight GPF win which was a first in history, he prepares for World Championships coming up in March [t/n. and also 4CC coming in mid-Feb].  To Hanyu who continues to evolve, what kind of thing is “strength”? We interviewed him.


The ‘strength’ that I am thinking of is not just about abilities, it is also a bit different from strength of spirit; it is actual performance/competition strength….. strength with regards to the environment. Humans, when they face a change in environment, anyone will be anxious, and they cannot perform as usual. Any sports would be like that. Figure skate also, the competition is not in the same environment as the practice. The person who can perform as desired is really a strong competitor. For example, one can be affected when the body feels different due to jet lag or plane movements, or by the mood of the competition or the different feel of the ice. But in the midst of all that, to be able to perform like the usual practice, to perform as desired, to fully show your abilities, that person is really a strong competitor. In that sense, I still have a long way to go. To be able to do a perfect performance without being affected by changes in the environment – I think that is the real meaning of ‘strength’.


During competition, to be under the most tension, to join it with peaking and to show fully your own abilities, I think it is necessary to become such a skater. In any case, that is what I want to aim for.
The reason why I admire/ look up to Plushenko is in there. I have watched him since I was little. When he jumps, even if he leans forward at times, he never falls, he does not make mistakes. I have almost never seen him fail in competition. HE is the undisputed champion.  I want to be like Plushenko;  no matter what competition, to show fully my own abilities without being shaken, I want to aim to become such a skater.


In various environments, the rink for example, the feel of the ice (or texture or quality of the ice) is different. In those conditions, when I jump, how do I get into the feel of the jump, all this becomes experience.  In the end, it is my own feeling, it is not something that someone can teach me, it is whether I can believe in myself or not. That moment before a jump, if you focus and believe 'I can do it’, then you will definitely be able to jump, there is such a thing for sure.


I like listening to interviews of various athletes and coaches.  They all have their own theories… a certain “thing that one can believe in”.  I think my own “thing that I can believe in” will change depending on changes in my mental state and physical condition. But how to respond flexibly to those changes, hereafter how much will I make into experience the “thing I can believe in”, I think that is the work I have to do.
translated by yuzusorbet.tumblr. Source: P&G myrepi.com
For previous translations of YUZU DAYS: here

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário


This blog is a summary of some facts of life and skater Yuzuru Hanyu career. The idea came from not find almost anything here in Brazil about Yuzuru and / or skating , but when searching the world discovered so things became difficult absorb and organize all ; hence this blog was born .