sexta-feira, 7 de outubro de 2016

Yuzuru Hanyu interview after FS at Autumn Classic

skate15ylove.tumblr.

A bit more from Yuzuru’s interview after FS at Autumn Classic.   I translated some that include one sentence he said. “If not, I’m not Yuzuru Hanyu.” Please note that this can also be translated as “If not, it’s not Yuzuru Hanyu” or “If not, it’s not what Yuzuru Hanyu is.”   Because Japanese sentences often have no subject when the speaker thinks it is understood from context, what he said was just “If not, ___ not Yuzuru Hanyu.”  

Japanese news reported different parts of his words.  Some were badly edited (cut and joined) to make it sound more sensational.  I am sharing only the ones that are more well-edited, ie more accurate.
I have also put in the word ‘cut’ to show where there was a snip in the video, ie. some words were cut out.

From news videos:
1) “When you see me next, I want to be able to do a performance that you will say, not one but 10 or 20 layers of skin have been shed, we have waited for this Yuzuru Hanyu; I will practise while looking forward to that. [cut]  If not, I’m not/ it’s not Yuzuru Hanyu.”   (video)

2) “I really need to practise more. [cut]  Next competition I will do it with no mistakes. I will do it, definitely. I will practice that much. If not…. if not, I’m not /it’s not Yuzuru Hanyu.”  (video)

3) “It’s tough. But even though it’s tough, it’s fun/enjoyable, and I do get fired up. [cut] Next competition I will do it with no mistakes. I will do it, definitely. I will practice that much. If not…. if not, I’m not/it’s not Yuzuru Hanyu.”  (video)

So basically he’s saying if he does not practise that much, so as to do a much better performance, then it’s not him.

(translated by yuzusorbet.tumblr.; thanks to pino2 for the videos) (a lot of this stems from huge frustration immediately after his FS, but it is also very much part of his character.) (Yuzu, please take good care of your body.)

Nós todos torcemos muito pela saúde de Yuzuru.
GO Yuzuru!

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário


This blog is a summary of some facts of life and skater Yuzuru Hanyu career. The idea came from not find almost anything here in Brazil about Yuzuru and / or skating , but when searching the world discovered so things became difficult absorb and organize all ; hence this blog was born .