quinta-feira, 21 de julho de 2016

YUZU DAYS - Interview on P&G (30 June 2016)


P&G, YUZU DAYS (30 June 2016)

What figure skating taught me– “the stage called the world”


The stage called the world

–It’s a dream, it’s also a wall (challenge)–
When I was little, my home rink was my world. Then from junior to senior. And from Japan to the world. I feel that my stage has gradually grown bigger. When I started to skate in the world, it was really like a dream. Until then, it was a world that existed only on TV, so I was continually surprised and amazed by everything. Same as when I first arrived in Canada, everything was exciting and every day was a day of discovery. Competing in the world, I feel the magnitude of it, and at the same time, I also feel the big wall (challenge) of the reality that there are many great skaters who can do things that I cannot do.


–What I should, it’s just one thing!–
Competing on the world stage, there are many areas that are different from Japan. In order to win, you have to master high level skills, and mental strength is also needed. Because the climate, environment and food are all different, you have to manage and take care of your own physical condition. But whether in Japan or in the world, what I have to do is the same. When I think ‘I want to win!’ in the world of high level skaters, there is nothing else but to keep polishing myself (keep improving). I am able to say this now, but the old me could not say something like this.
About fans throughout the world:

–No matter what kind of support, I’m happy–

There is tremendous energy in the support of fans and it always reaches the heart. The feelings of fans who support athletes are the same, no matter what country they are from. But there is a difference in the manner of support. There are fans who like to cosplay to show their support (t/n. I think he means fans who wear Pooh costumes), and there are fans who fill the rink with lots of presents…. the customs and culture of hospitality of the country are shown, and the unique and enthusiastic support raises the excitement level. To support a single athlete, all become united as one, it is something amazing and very happy.


–I want to turn the support into strength–
When the support power is very strong, sometimes I will feel the pressure, in a good sense. Turning that pressure into my own strength is a way of paying back (or living up to) that support. Each time I perform, various sounds arise from the audience area. Depending on the content of the performance, there are expectations, relief, disappointment, etc, but as I skate, the air of the venue moves. I really enjoy that sense of oneness with the whole place and the sense of presence.

To people who are aiming to (compete in) the world:

–Do not be afraid of failure or detours–
It is good if it can become good advice to my juniors in the future, but I feel that I am not in that position yet. My mantra is just “Nothing is a waste.” So even if you take a detour or if you fail, it is a 100% opportunity to reflect and think. It may seem like a waste at that time, but some day it will certainly become food for thought on how not to fail again. Sometimes detours (or a roundabout way) become the shortcut in terms of results. So, the things that you want to do, take on the challenge without fear and cherish the experience. That’s what I wish for them.


Yuzuru Hanyu. university student

I am in the Faculty of Human Sciences 「人間科学部」  and now my major is 「人間情報科学科」(Human Information Science).  What kind of study is that?  The world is overflowing with information;  by what system do people encounter the information, receive it, judge that it is right and continue into action?  On what basis do they do that?  Data is analysed and many things are capitalised on.  I’m learning about the information processing ability of humans, the way they deal with information, of course some things are related to sports and some have nothing to do with sports, such as how changing the position of an office desk affects efficiency and also environmental design with the study of an actual company as an example.  To do one report every week is really tough but I work hard to hand them in.  
 
[This 1st series of Yuzu Days has ended. The 2nd series will start in autumn.]

translated by Angelic Yuzuru; source: myrepi.com

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário


This blog is a summary of some facts of life and skater Yuzuru Hanyu career. The idea came from not find almost anything here in Brazil about Yuzuru and / or skating , but when searching the world discovered so things became difficult absorb and organize all ; hence this blog was born .